Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Bon Jovi Stand-In Joins Nita Strauss, Dave Ellefson, Rudy Sarzo And Others On Documetary Project

Phil X says he cannot be himself when playing with Bon Jovi - and added that even trying to be like the man he replaced.

The guitarist - full name Philip Xenedis - intervened to Richie Sambora in 2011 and again in 2013, when Sambora away for personal reasons. While he has loved every minute with Bon Jovi so far, Xenedis says it cannot really be himself unless he is performing with his own band, The Drills.



Talking about his participation in the upcoming Hired Gun, Double Stop Xenedis says Podcast: "When you're a murderer for hire, their level of creative input is even limited when I toured with Bon Jovi, could not be Richie, because I'm not. But I could not really be me, so I did this type somewhere in the center that was between the two.

"When I did the first 13 shows with Bon Jovi in 2011, Sunday night I played in St. Louis, who was the last show. Jon asked me to sing the last verse of Wanted Dead or Alive and went before 20,000 people. When I got home on Friday, I played at The Roxy with Drills and for me was so exciting -. 200, my songs, doing my thing, with people going crazy in front. "

Hired Gun gets backing musicians in the spotlight and features interviews with famous unsung heroes, including John 5, Dave Ellefson, Nita Strauss and Rudy Sarzo, among others.

Ellefson worked with several bands during his time away from Megadeth between 2002 and 2010 and says he taught her how to be a better musician.

In their participation in the documentary, Ellefson said: "I loved the concept of it, because our world is so full of what I would call the unsung heroes who make great artists even greater because of their contributions.

"There was a time when I was away from Megadeth when I played with Ronnie Montrose and did some work with Soulfly, recording and touring. I have to have these murderer opportunities salary worsened seriously my skills and brought the music and skills outside of me that knew they were there, but being in a band for 20 years never got to let them out. "

Alice Cooper guitarist Nita Strauss believes the film fans eyes open to the talent that often goes unnoticed.

She says: "There has been a lot of movies about backing singers and showing different sides of all different professions This gives us the opportunity to show what we do Everybody knows that Billy Joel and Rosa and Christina Aguilera is not is more than this we .. An opportunity to show the fans a little about what we do to make the show happen. "

Rudy Sarzo has a rich history as a "murderer for hire" who has played bass with Geoff Tate of Queensryche, Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake and Dio. He says the best hired hands are doing their homework.

Sarzo added: "You can take the concert only because it is a concert paying'll have to play those songs and live with these people is a family, do you want to go on the road and being on a bus  ... these guys is. A very complex thing.

"If you want to be the best partner for the concert you can always look at the legacy of the band. Check out his original recordings, because those were the ideas filtered working with producers, engineers. Then listen to the live versions of those songs that evolve. So by the time you join the band you're very educated about who and what you are playing. "

No comments:

Post a Comment